|Position Title||Engineering Faculty, Full-Time|
The Physics and Engineering Department invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The Physics and Engineering Department administers several related programs and a wide range of courses including courses intended for a general population (history of science and descriptive astronomy), as well as physics courses at the elementary and advanced algebra, and calculus levels. The Engineering program prepares students for transfer to 4-year engineering programs.
The Applied Engineering Technology program prepares students to enter the workforce on a technician level or to continue their studies in a 4-year engineering technology program. Course offerings include Electronics, Additive Manufacturing, Introduction to Nanotechnology, and Introductory Robotics.
The Biomedical Equipment Technology program prepares students to enter the workforce to repair sophisticated medical equipment and includes an internship program.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, predominantly Black institution and a minority-serving institution, which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. CCP's Strategic Plan affirms the College's long-standing commitment to quality, access, affordability and upward mobility while including an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion. This plan firmly plants student success at the center of all efforts, establishing the means for each student to achieve their goals.
Teaching faculty are an integral part of the larger Academic and Student Success Division at CCP including Workforce Development or Career Training. The Academic and Student Success Division is a community of learners committed to student success as demonstrated through equitable and measurable outcomes, innovative practices, relevant curriculum, quality learning, and a rewarding student experience. As a minority-serving institution, CCP faculty contribute significantly to our collective efforts to improve student success and eliminate racial equity gaps through the utilization of inclusive and high-quality teaching practices.
|Work Location||Main Campus|
"Success Starts Here" at Community College of Philadelphia. We recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Full-time faculty and staff benefits include:
College-paid medical, dental, drug, life and disability insurance
Tuition remission (for classes at the college)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution with employee contribution 5%
Flexible spending accounts
Additional College benefits:
Winter break: 1 week in December
Spring Break: 1 week in March
For More information about the College benefits and eligibility based on employee class, please visit: https://www.myccp.online/human-resources/benefits-eligibility
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
Interested persons should complete an online application.
Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Salary Grade or Rank||Rank 5 or Rank 6|
|Job Posting Open Date|
|Job Posting Close Date|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have at least a Master's degree in Physics, Engineering or Engineering Technology? Or A Bachelor's degree in Physics, Engineering or Engineering Technology with at least 5 years industry experience in an engineering or engineering technology role?
- * Do you have experience teaching mechanical engineering or electronics?
- * Do you have a Ph.D. or experience with engineering projects, technical documentation and publications or certifications in the areas of engineering, engineering technology, biomedical equipment technology or electronics?
- * Do you have experience in developing and implementing academic programs?
- * Do you have industry recognized certifications in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Healthcare Technology Management, or other related fields?
- * Are you bilingual or other language proficiency.
- * Do you have experience teaching diverse student populations and addressing equity gaps?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency