|Position Title||Medical Assistant Faculty, Full-Time|
The Department of Allied Health invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty in Medical Assisting for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The Allied Health Department consists of the following select AAS degree programs: Dental Hygiene; Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Health Care Studies, Health Services Management, Medical Lab Technology, and Respiratory Care Technology. In addition to the degree programs, the Department offers three proficiency certificates in the following areas: Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing and Patient Service Representative. The Medical Assisting proficiency certification courses are offered at the Northeast Regional Center (NERC) All faculty are expected to be able to function as classroom instructors, lab instructors, and clinical instructors in area hospitals.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, predominantly Black institution and a minority-serving institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. CCP's Strategic Plan affirms the College's long-standing commitment to quality, access, affordability and upward mobility while including an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion. This plan firmly plants student success at the center of all efforts, establishing the means for each student to achieve their goals.
Teaching faculty are an integral part of the larger Academic and Student Success Division at CCP including Workforce Development and Career Training. The Academic and Student Success Division is a community of learners committed to student success as demonstrated through equitable and measurable outcomes, innovative practices, relevant curriculum, quality learning, and a rewarding student experience. As a minority-serving institution, CCP faculty contribute significantly to our collective efforts to improve student success and eliminate racial equity gaps through the utilization of inclusive and high-quality teaching practices.
|Work Location||Northeast Regional|
"Success Starts Here" at Community College of Philadelphia. We recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Full-time faculty and staff benefits include:
College-paid medical, dental, drug, life and disability insurance
Tuition remission (for classes at the college)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution with employee contribution 5%
Flexible spending accounts
Additional College benefits:
Winter break: 1 week in December
Spring Break: 1 week in March
For More information about the College benefits and eligibility based on employee class, please visit: https://www.myccp.online/human-resources/benefits-eligibility
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
Interested persons should complete an online application.
Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Salary Grade or Rank||Rank 5 or Rank 6|
|Job Posting Open Date||10/09/2023|
|Job Posting Close Date|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- HBCU Career Center
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Al Dia DIVERSECity Career Fair
- Neighborhood Job Fair & Resource Village (Temple University)
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in a health related field with demonstrated medical assisting experience in the past five years?
- * Do you have education and experience as a certified medical assistant CMA (AAMA) or registered nurse credential?
- * Do you have community college teaching experience?
- * Do you have experience with teaching and developing on-line courses?
- * Do you have experience with coordinating clinical agreements/experiences?
- * Are you bilingual or other language proficiency.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency